Thursday, April 17, 2014

Corned Beef Hash - Dig In!


A good breakfast hash makes me happy.

I don't need fancy things in my life and my tastebuds are proof. Slap some potatoes, corned beef and eggs in front of me and I will smile all day. It's the simple pleasures in life.

I know, it isn't very Paleo friendly... spuds are evil, blah, blah, blah. But, I enjoy it. Especially if I was lucky enough to remember to grab an extra corned beef after St. Patrick's Day. Corned beef really rocks my world.


This non-pretentous food is usually made out of diced meat and potatoes and is often made using leftover beef brisket or corned beef. It is flavorful and filling and most often enjoyed for breakfast. By I recommend enjoying it whenever the mood (or hunger) strikes.

I am a big fan of the corned beef version, though I have had a divine smoked salmon hash in the past.


I like to use leftovers for my hash. It makes cooking fast and easy. Grab a chunk of leftover corned beef, and a few mostly cooked potatoes (microwave them the night before till almost soft).

Give these both a dice and then dice up some onion.

In a large cast iron skillet, I start by browning up my potatoes with a little butter.


When the potatoes start to get a little golden crust on them, add the onions and corned beef.

Then I put the smack down... or the cast iron press. I leave it on just long enough to get a bit of a crust going on one side. Make sure to season your hash with some salt and pepper.


Flip and crust up the other side..

Then plate your hash and top with a couple of fried eggs. Season and dust with a little dried parsley. Easy, right?


Don't worry so much about the amount of each ingredient. Hash is much less formal than all that. Instead, work with what you've got and what you like.

Now I hope I have inspired your to create a little hash for your family. Come on. I know you want to...
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!