Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bow Embelished Butterfly Card


This week I am actually in the middle of several large projects. I have a cross stitch sampler (or two) in progress, a 50 States embroidery project that involves a lap quilt as the final project as well as a few knitting projects on the needles. But what self respecting crafter doesn't have a million projects ideas and several things in progress?

Right?

So this week I decided to work on some cards. Paper crafting is my weakest area. I remember my Mom with all her tubs of stamps, inks and embossing powders. The truth is, all that is expensive! I just haven't had the patience to build up a working inventory yet. But, I do have a lovely stash of ribbon thanks to the Really Reasonable Ribbon of the month club. Now, I just need to use it more often.

The holidays will bring a bunch of birthdays and events for our family and now would be a great time to start working on all those birthday, holiday and thank you cards.

This week I broke out my Mini Bowdabra to create the yellow bow.


I was moderately pleased with this, but am thinking I shouldn't have gone with the mini version. If you have a bow tying tool, what do you have and do you recommend it?


For this project I also used some of the Mod Podge Mod Melt butterflies, a scrap of sample fabric from my stash, a pre-cut velum double sided gift tag (I ended up using the opposite side with "celebrate"), sequins, and more ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I really liked the simple colors, and the purple "celebrate" tag was a nice little contrast.

I plan to do a bit more experimenting this weekend with the Silhouette for die cuts to use on my next cards, but this is a good start for my card stash.


If you are a paper crafter, what items do you suggest I add to my supplies to get started? What is your favorite product to use when making cards?




Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!