Saturday, July 26, 2014

Getting Set for the Twinkie Cookbook - My Chocolate Dipped Cajeta Twinkie Recipe

I wrote this review while participating in a campaign for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Twinkies. I received samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating.



Twinkies were a fixture of my childhood. Actually all of Hostess was, including the monthly trip to the Day Old Hostess shop in town. I remember making my selections to fill lunch boxes for the next several weeks. It was the closest thing to a kid and a candy store feeling I remember.

Now that Hostess is back along with all our childhood favorites, The Twinkies Cookbook is also making it's comeback. So if you are a Twinkie fan or food fanatic with a great idea for a Twinkie treat, get your submission in for The New Edition of the Twinkies Cookbook. Help celebrate the triumphant return of the Twinkie by submitting your own unique recipe to http://hostesscakes.com/ by July 31st, 2014 for a chance to be included in the next #TwinkieCookbook.


My Twinkie creation is a Chocolate Dipped Cajeta Twinkie. My husband is a huge cajeta fan, though he could just eat it by the spoonful. I love caramel, so thought it would be great to combine our favorites into one ultimate snack cake treat. And the chocolate? Well, besides that dark chocolate is just awesome, it does a great job of holding my little Cajeta Twinkie Treat together. So grab a box of Hostess Twinkies and let's make some fun treats!


Chocolate Dipped Cajeta Twinkies

You Will Need:

  • Hostess Twinkies
  • Cajeta
  • Melting Chocolate wafers
  • multi-colored jimmies or mini M&Ms
Slice each Twinkie in half. Squeeze a little cajeta in the middle and replace the top.


In a double boiler or melting pot, melt your chocolate wafers. Dip the Twinkie sandwich in the chocolate or pour chocolate over one half. Sprinkle with jimmies or M&Ms and set on waxed paper or cupcake liners to cool. The chocolate will harden as it comes to room temperature.

Enjoy!


What would you create with your Twinkies?

For more details or recipe submission head to the Hostess website. You can also connect with Hostess on Twitter and Facebook for product information and upcoming promotions.
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!