Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How Would You Top New Progresso Chili?

Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op. All experiences and opinions are my own. #ProgressoChili, #PlatefullCoOp


A warm bowl of chili doesn't have to be a day away any longer. Now Progresso has introduced "homemade" quality chili in an easy to make, easy to store pouch. And now I can focus on what I will top my favorite chili with, instead of slaving away in the kitchen to make it.

With the kids heading back-to-school soon, it is time to start looking towards Fall, warm soups and comfort foods. At the top of my husband's list would be chili. During the colder months when I meal plan and ask for his input I already know what his answer will be... chili.


If you are a fan of Progresso soups, or just a chili fan in general, then stand up and take note. This delicious bowl of chili only took me 5 1/2 minutes to prepare! Yes, and it was full of slow cooked flavor and perfect for me to top with cheese, freshly diced tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream.

I tried the Southwest Style White Chicken Chili with Beans first. It is a creamy blend of all-white meat chicken, white beans, green sweet peppers, tomatillos and onions  I prefer a white bean chili, but my husband is more a fan of the tomato based, darker, chili. There was plenty in that pouch to dig my spoon into. Thick with tender beans and large chunks of chicken meat, it was a great option for a quick but hearty lunch.


The other chili option from Progresso is the Smokehouse Pork and Beef Chili with Beans. This one is unique with  Andouille sausage, beef, and a secret blend of spices, all slow-cooked with tomatoes, onions, green sweet peppers and pinto and red kidney beans. I would like to eat a bowl of this cuddled up with a good book, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, green onions and just a few sprinkles of crispy bacon. The sausage already makes this one rich and delicious, but I think it needs something crunchy to top it.

And you know they mean business when they put a clear bottom in the package so you can see exactly what is in their chili! You can find New Progresso Chili in the soup aisle.

So how would you top your Progresso Chili?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!